Your child can learn to play a musical instrument!
Private lessons in piano and violin for students ages 5 and up!
Why Choose My Music Garden?
- We have a proven record of excellence.
- Our teachers are kind, engaged, and trained at a high level.
- We are caring and demanding. We help students stretch themselves.
- We teach on professional, well-maintained equipment.
- All students participate in regular performance opportunities in lovely settings.
We believe that all children are capable and deserving of musically enriching opportunities. It is our goal to provide skills that bring a lifetime of joy and understanding through music.
Meet the Director
Hi! I started My Music Garden in 2006, shortly after I moved to Jersey City from Manhattan. Our students receive a solid musical foundation that sets them up for a lifetime of musical success and joy. I’m proud to say that some of our students have pursued higher education (acceptances to Oberlin, Rice University, Manhattan School of Music.) A few have even gone on to pursue careers in music (classroom music teacher, film scorer in Hollywood, choir director.)
We offer primarily piano and violin lessons for younger children, but I also coach high school or college bound students. Don’t hesitate to bring your child in for a free consultation and trial lesson. I will assess the student’s readiness and potential, and answer questions about your child’s future music study.
With 25+ years professional experience under my belt, I consider it my mission to guide students and support teachers, as we continually strive, together, to enrich the cultural musical lives of our students.
You may learn more about me and my credentials here.
I look forward to getting to know the next generation of music makers!
Meet My Music Garden Staff
- Bachelor of Music, Violin Performance, The Juilliard School
- American Symphony Orchestra, Harlem Chamber Players and Broadway (The Producers, Phantom of the Opera)
- Previously taught at the Harlem School of the Arts
- Bachelor of Music, Piano Performance, Manhattan School of Music
- Winner of the University of Minnesota’s Mechelke Scholarship Competition (2004)
- Staff Piano Teacher, Accompanist, and Administrative Director at the Washington Heights Choir School