Why Study a Musical Instrument?
- Advances physical dexterity, gross and fine motor skills, sharpens the mental analytic process, and develops grit for personal challenges
- Provides cultural enrichment, develops self-discipline and focus, and increases confidence and poise
- Exposes student to peers at various levels of musical ability, and brings joy, pride, and sense of achievement in one’s personal and musical growth
At what age can my child start private lessons?
- The ideal age for beginning lessons is between 5 and 8 years old
- Children under 5 benefit more from general group music classes (such as, Kindermusik) and exposure to a variety of musical experiences
- All children should be exposed to as many good quality musical experiences as possible, live and recorded.
Do we need an instrument at home?
- Yes. It is important that students have easy access to an instrument for their daily practice. Please speak to Erasmia for information on purchasing or renting an instrument or click here.
Should my child practice every day?
- We ask students to practice 5 to 6 days a week, 10 to 30 minutes a day, depending on the child’s age
- Practice should be a part of the daily routine, at a time when the child is fresh and alert
- Most students will need guidance in establishing their practice routines
- There will be periods when students practice less – it happens. Be ready to ride out those blips, and get back into the routine
Where are you located?
Our current Jersey City locations are:
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 440 Hoboken Ave
- Grace Church, Erie and Second Streets
How do we get started?
- Visit our website www.mymusicgarden.com and fill out the Online Registration Form
- For a free consultation, call 917-402-9775, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Contact Form